Full code execution tracking. Help needed!

Статус
В этой теме нельзя размещать новые ответы.

Salty Mike

hella salty
VIP
Неукротимое пламя
Розыгрыши
Решения
Реакции
Баллы
1 438
Хроники
  1. Chaotic Throne: High Five
Исходники
Присутствуют
Сборка
L2-Scripts
Does anybody know how to track (only list) all the steps that an L2jGameServer executes?
Let me elaborate - there are Debug options in both IntelliJ and Eclipse. However, they only provide info about selected classes and functions, and not the whole process, every step of the way. What I gotta do is find where the execution of a thread gets stuck and tells the client to log out. I tried running/debugging the server on IntelliJ and Eclipse, but I get an error message about missing appenders of log4j. "log4j: WARN No appenders could be found for logger"
The server is working on the background, but I just don't see any messages/text.
The only way I could make debugging work was through attaching a debugger to a Remote Application through IntelliJ, but that is where my issue lies. I cannot figure out how to make the debugger track/trace all of the threads.

add folder with log4j xml in classpath

Последнее редактирование:
  • Мне нравится
Реакции: kick
Решение
Where do I find this classpath? I use the class path used by the core, and it is a drop-down menu, thus, I cannot edit it. However, I can add additional VM options. One of the solutions told me to use that to point to the location of the log4j.properties file, but I don't have such a file. I only have .xml and it did not work.

1671116299251.png

For those using IntelliJ, who might be having the same problem, the solution is very very simple.
Put the log4j.xml into any folder (I made a new folder and called it resources) and then mark the folder as resources from your Project Settings.

Or in other words:
Project Settings -> Modules -> (select the GameServer/core module) -> on the right side "Mark as: Resources" -> Ok and close this window and then Build the module -> fixed.

• Мне нравится
Реакции: kick
Статус
В этой теме нельзя размещать новые ответы.