Hi, I'm reversing L2 OFF (High Five) server using x64dbg.
I'm trying to hook the real equip item logic for player (User), but I noticed that:
- CNPC::EquipItem is not used for players
- User::EquipItem breakpoint is never hit
- CCreature::EquipItem is also not triggered
So I assume the equip flow is handled somewhere else (maybe via packet handling or inventory system).
Does anyone know:
1. What is the actual entry point when a player equips an item?
2. Is it handled inside ManipulateItemPacket or a different handler?
3. Which function is responsible for assigning item to paperdoll slots?
My goal is to implement visual armor, so I need the exact point where the item is equipped on the player.
Any guidance or function names would help a lot.
Thanks!
I'm trying to hook the real equip item logic for player (User), but I noticed that:
- CNPC::EquipItem is not used for players
- User::EquipItem breakpoint is never hit
- CCreature::EquipItem is also not triggered
So I assume the equip flow is handled somewhere else (maybe via packet handling or inventory system).
Does anyone know:
1. What is the actual entry point when a player equips an item?
2. Is it handled inside ManipulateItemPacket or a different handler?
3. Which function is responsible for assigning item to paperdoll slots?
My goal is to implement visual armor, so I need the exact point where the item is equipped on the player.
Any guidance or function names would help a lot.
Thanks!


